Notice for Review Requests

I receive review requests weekly. However, my personal schedule is hectic and I no longer review actively. (I also manage another blog called The Toronto Cafe and Food Blog). I do read every request sent but I apologize in advance that I do not reply to them all.

If I do take on a request, I will forewarn that it may take some time before I can review it. I am now looking to review adult fiction and self-help books instead of young adult fiction because I have grown out of it. If you are to request a review for either adult fiction or self-help, I will more likely to give it a shot.

In the meantime, Stop, Drop, and Read! serves as an archive book review blog. When I have the time, I may post a review. Thank you for understanding.

Sunday, December 21, 2008

In My Mailbox - III

Sorry for the delay! Me and my family went out to the mall today and came home around 8:00 PM. To do your own In My Mailbox, please check out how at The Story Siren!

The Borrowed



Cowa! vol. 1 by Akira Toriyama
Dragon Drive vol. 6-9 by Kenichi Sakura
One-Pound Gospel vol. 1 by Rumiko Takahashi
Sugar Sugar Rune vol. 1, 4 by Moyoco Anno
Real vol. 1 by Takehiko Inoue

The Bought



Drawing Fantasy Art by Steve Beaumont, Jim Hanson, and John Burns

The Received





07-Ghost vol. 1 by Yuki Amemiya and Yukino Ichihara
After School Nightmare vol. 1-2 by Setona Mizushiro
Bound Beauty vol. 1 by Mick Takekuchi
CrossxBreak vol. 1-2 by Duo Brand.
Song of the Hanging Sky vol. 1-2 by Toriko Gin
Ultimate Venus vol. 1 by Takako Shigematsu
Japan Ai: A Tall Girl's Adventure in Japan by Aimee Major Steinberger
Masque of the Red Death vol. 1 by Wendy Pini
Houston, We Have a Problema by Gwendolyn Zapeda
Sucks to Be Me by Kimberley Pauley

Yes, this got to be one of my biggest book week yet! I bought the art book for my sister for Christmas. (In return she got me the vol. 5 of Ouran High School Host Club today! But I will add that to next week's In My Mailbox). I got a huge shipment from Go! Comi; this totally made my week! Sucks to Me Be was received as a Christmas present from my Secret Santa two days ago! I finally got it, Kimberley!☺

I have a couple of manga reviews that will be put up soon. As you can see, 99% of my upcoming reviews will likely be on manga. All is not lost as I am in the middle of I Know It's Over by C.K. Martin and just started a bit of Sucks to Be Me. (If only the library stop getting new mangas, I may actually go on reading real books! Sorry, mangas are just so addicting! I think by February I will have a steady flow of novel reviews.)

I may be away from Wednesday to Saturday with family friends so there might not be any reviews during that time. So I wish you guys Happy Holidays!

post signature

2 comments:

Valeria said...

I'm so jealous of your manga income! And a How to Draw Fantasy book? Dude! I want! D:

Diana Dang said...

Haha, who said I bought those mangas? ;DD

Lol! It the How to Draw book was only $9.99 at Coles! x)