Notice for Review Requests

I receive review requests weekly. However, my personal schedule is hectic and I no longer review actively. (I also manage another blog called The Toronto Cafe and Food Blog). I do read every request sent but I apologize in advance that I do not reply to them all.

If I do take on a request, I will forewarn that it may take some time before I can review it. I am now looking to review adult fiction and self-help books instead of young adult fiction because I have grown out of it. If you are to request a review for either adult fiction or self-help, I will more likely to give it a shot.

In the meantime, Stop, Drop, and Read! serves as an archive book review blog. When I have the time, I may post a review. Thank you for understanding.

Sunday, April 12, 2009

In My Mailbox - XIX

To do your own In My Mailbox, please check out how to at The Story Siren!

The Borrowed



Bleach vol. 24 by Tite Kubo
N A N A vol. 10-12 by Ai Yazawa
School Rumble vol. 5 by Jin Kobayashi
V.B. Rose vol. 1 by Banri Hidaka
Generation Dead by Daniel Waters

The Bought

None

The Received



Corrector Yui vol. 1 by Kia Asamiya
The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie by Muriel Spark
She's So Money by Cherry Cheva
Juline vol. 1 by Narumi Kakinouchi
More How to Draw Manga vol. 3: Enhancing a Character's Sense of Presence by Go Office

I thank
Cassie from Bookmooch for sending me Corrector Yui, Juline, and How to Draw Manga!

Soon, my TBR pile will be as tall as me. Sadly I did not get a chance to finish Airhead by Meg Cabot and had to return it before it was overdue (someone requested it so I could not renew). And jeezus, I have so many borrowed mangas in waiting also. I pray to minimize the pile but I doubt it'll happen anytime soon...

Before I forget!:

Want to win a star? Yes, a real star! Well, all you have to is enter Elizabeth Scott's Something, Maybe Out Of This World contest!

Here's how you enter:

1. Buy a copy of Something, Maybe, which is available at your favorite local bookstore and also at Wal-Mart and save the receipt.

2. Take a picture of the receipt and then send the picture to elizabethscottcontest@gmail.com

3. Once Elizabeth gets the picture of your receipt, you'll be entered into the Out Of This World contest!

Here are the prizes:

First Prize: A star (If you read the book, you'll know why this is the first prize, and not only will you get your very own star--you'll even get to name it, and it is your star FOREVER!)

Second Prize: Two people will each get a $25 gift certificate to the bookstore of their choice

Third Prize: Three people will a signed copy of any of Elizabeth's current novels--including the upcoming Love You Hate You Miss You

Again, all you have to do to enter is buy Something, Maybe and send a picture of your receipt to elizabethscottcontest@gmail.com

post signature

27 comments:

Tiqa Khairi said...

That is so sad about Airhead. I hope you'll have the chance to finish it sometime soon. U have some good books in your pile, lucky you.

Diana Dang said...

Lol, I hope to re-borrow it later! =)

Nancy said...

Happy Easter!!
Ohhh you got Generation Dead, that book was amazing. I hope you enjoy it.

Diana Dang said...

Happy Easter to you too!

Haha, I'm starting to doubt if I'll like it or not from the summary but I hope you're right!

Unknown said...

She's So Money is one of my favorite books! I've book talked it to every 7th and 8th grade LA class at our school!! I look forward to DupliKate! Happy Reading!

Diana Dang said...

I look forward to it!

Amy said...

I really want to read she's so money!!! It looks really good-trade maybe? ;) No I'm jk, but generation dead is pretty good too...
-amy

Diana Dang said...

It's going to be awhile before I get to the two, haha.

Bookworm said...

She's So Money sounds so good!

Diana Dang said...

It looks like a fun read! =)

Unknown said...

My sister LOOOOVE Nana! I really need to start reading/watching more manga/anime/dramas hehe

Diana Dang said...

It's a pretty good series =D

Lianne said...

I loved Generation Dead! The sequel is in my to read pile!

Diana Dang said...

I only read two pages so far, so I can't have an opinion yet!

the story siren said...

such good books! and so sorry about Airhead! darn it! Happy reading!

Diana Dang said...

I hope to get back to it in the future! ><

Liviania said...

I hope to hear what you think about Corrector Yui! I've seen it around and it looks like a cool title.

I loved Generation Dead.

Diana Dang said...

I will put a review of it up once I finish it! :D

The Book Resort said...

I really want to read Generation Dead. Let me know what 'cha think when ya get to it : }.

Diana Dang said...

Haha, await for the future review! =D

The Book Resort said...

Here's mine:
http://thebookresort.blogspot.com/2009/04/i-love-mail.html

vvb32 reads said...

i'm finally starting the nana series. i loved bks 1 and 2 so far. thanks for mentioning the elizabeth scott contest.

Diana Dang said...

Nana is great dramatic series for sure! And you're welcome! Thanks for stopping by!

wdebo said...

Yeah! Generation Dead my favorite book! Hope you enjoy it!

Wdebo :)

Diana Dang said...

Seems like everyone loves this book! Hopefully I will like it as much =D

Rebecca said...

Generation Dead is such a great book. Happy Reading.

Diana Dang said...

Thanks for stopping by!