Notice for Review Requests

I receive review requests weekly. However, my personal schedule is hectic and I no longer review actively. (I also manage another blog called The Toronto Cafe and Food Blog). I do read every request sent but I apologize in advance that I do not reply to them all.

If I do take on a request, I will forewarn that it may take some time before I can review it. I am now looking to review adult fiction and self-help books instead of young adult fiction because I have grown out of it. If you are to request a review for either adult fiction or self-help, I will more likely to give it a shot.

In the meantime, Stop, Drop, and Read! serves as an archive book review blog. When I have the time, I may post a review. Thank you for understanding.

Sunday, April 5, 2009

In My Mailbox - XVIII

To do your own In My Mailbox, please check out how to at The Story Siren!

The Borrowed



Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney vol. 1 by CAPCOM
Bleach vol. 23 by Tite Kubo
Dragon Drive vol. 10 by Kenichi Sakura
Emma vol. 1-2 by Kaoru Mori
Eyeshield 21 vol. 5 by Riichiro Inagaki & Yusuke Murata
Hikaru no Go vol. 12-13 by Yumi Hotta & Takeshi Obata
Honey and Clover vol. 3 by Chica Umino
Hoshin Engi vol. 6-8 by Ryu Fujisaki
Shaman King vol. 15 by Hiroyuki Takei
Monster vol. 2-6 by Naoki Urasawa

The Bought

None

The Received



Wolverine: Prodigal Son vol. 1 by Antony Johnston & Wilson Tortosa
The Puppet Wrangler by Vicki Grant

Don't you love it when the library gets new books? I do, especially when it comes to manga. I would check their site every other day to see if there are any new shipments. When there is, I would start requesting. And a huge pile would be waiting for me like above.

I want to thank Athena from Bookmooch for The Puppet Wrangler and I am glad to have another book by the great comedical writer, Vicki Grant. I also want to thank Diane from The Book Resort again for the Zombie Chicken Award! Haha, with all of these awards being given, I don't think I will have time to do the nominations!

post signature

14 comments:

Adele said...

So to clarify...are they manga? I have read one get but I have been told they are great.

Diana Dang said...

In the borrowed section there yes, all of them are manga. =) And they are great! x)

Nancy said...

Wow!!! that is an impressive stack of Manga. How many do you go thru in a day? because that pile is intimidating.

Diana Dang said...

Haha, believe me, I worry everyday as long as there are books waiting to be read.

Kate at Read This Book! said...

Wow that's a huge pile of books. XD I check the library site everyday too, to see if there is new arrivals. =)

-Kate

susan said...

Thanks for more possible series to look for.

Anonymous said...

Lots of manga! I want to read Honey & Clover because I loved the anime.

the story siren said...

holy moly! that is like the biggest stack of books I've ever seen! ha!

Diana Dang said...

@Kate: Haha, yay for us library nerds! xD

@Susan: You're welcome!

@Tower: Lol, in my opinion, I think Honey and Clover is quite boring. Never saw the anime but the manga is. I just borrow it because I tend to borrow all new mangas, which vol. 3 was one of them.

@Story Siren: Imagine lugging that home from the library!

The Book Resort said...

Wow, Diana, you really hauled quite a load from the library : 8. I would of used my little red wagon : 9. Ha~Ha!!!
Congratulations, too : }.

Unknown said...

Whoa those all seem really great.

Have you read the Fruits Basket manga? It's AMAZING!!! If you haven't you should read it now! It's sooo cute! I can't decide which I like more the manga or the Anime .... :D

Diana Dang said...

@Book Resort: Haha, I was about to break my back with the haul!

@Robin: I'm not a big fan of Fruits Basket to be honest. Good in the beginning but it got wayy too serious. I hate it when the story doesn't stay consistent, haha.

Anonymous said...

I read Ace Attorney. Hope you enjoy it!

Diana Dang said...

Haha, I hope to get to it soon. There will be a review of it once I'm done!