Notice for Review Requests

I receive review requests weekly. However, my personal schedule is hectic and I no longer review actively. (I also manage another blog called The Toronto Cafe and Food Blog). I do read every request sent but I apologize in advance that I do not reply to them all.

If I do take on a request, I will forewarn that it may take some time before I can review it. I am now looking to review adult fiction and self-help books instead of young adult fiction because I have grown out of it. If you are to request a review for either adult fiction or self-help, I will more likely to give it a shot.

In the meantime, Stop, Drop, and Read! serves as an archive book review blog. When I have the time, I may post a review. Thank you for understanding.

Sunday, April 26, 2009

In My Mailbox - XXI

To do your own In My Mailbox, please check out how to at The Story Siren!

The Borrowed


Free Collars Kingdom vol. 1-2 by Takuya Fujima
Nodame Cantabile vol. 1-3 by Tomoko Ninonmiya
Sugar Sugar Rune vol. 5-8 by Moyoco Anno

The Bought

None

The Received


Negima!? Neo: Magister Negi Magi vol. 1 by Ken Akamatsu and adapted by Takuya Fujima
Maid War Chronicle vol. 1 by RAN
Orange Planet vol. 1 by Haruka Fukushima
Samurai 7 vol. 1 by Akira Kurosawa and adapted by Mitzutaka Suhou
Gakuen Prince vol. 1 by Jun Yuzuki
Hollywood Car Wash by Lori Culwell

Okay, so this week I have been rolling in blog awards. Literally. So I would like to thank everyone below very much for the awards!:

FANTASTIC BOOK REVIEW for One Lovely Blog Award
Wdebo from The Electrical book cafe....and more! for One Lovely Blog Award
Diane from The Book Resort for Lets Be Friends Award and Friendly Blogger Award 2009
Steph from Hey, Teenager Of The Year for One Lovely Blog Award

I think I'll go and make up a new one later or so. Haha, I feel bad for not passing on the awards but if I was to try, my fingers will fall off! Oh and FANTASTIC BOOK REVIEW is hosting a great contest where you can win one of the six books she listed! Also win Silver Phoenix by Cindy Pon at Hello Ello 2!

I squealed for the two consecutive days where there were mangas in my mailbox. Loved it so much that I decided to spread them out so you can admire the covers, haha. I finished a couple of them already so there will be reviews up this week along with The Elite by Jennifer Banash.

So what did you guys get this week?

post signature

21 comments:

Nancy said...

Ohh look at all those pretty books. I really love the artwork in them. You have had a great week :)

Kate said...

Very lovely covers. Have a great week reading :)

Liyana said...

At first I wondered why you had 3 of the same books, then I read your description. Great collection, have fun reading and congrats on the awards!

the story siren said...

I love your pictures! so much fun! and as always a lot of books!! happy reading!!!

Cat said...

That's a lot of books! I never could get into manga (is that right? Do I have the right word? Anime? I feel like such a old coot right now. HA!) I don't like the art most of the time - but sometimes I do. It's such a toss up.

But I love your photos!

Diana Dang said...

Thank you everyone! x)

Unknown said...

Whoa! Those all look super sweet. It makes me want to read manga, which I haven't had time for lately :(

Diana Dang said...

Aww >3<~ A busy time of the year huh?

wdebo said...

Yeah for mangas!!! I can't wait to see your reviews so I know which mangas I should start obsessing over this time :P

Wow, you recieved a lot of books this week I'm jealous!!

Wdebo :)

Diana Dang said...

Hai! xD Yes, hopefully I will have enough time to do the reviews! x)

Lianne said...

They all look really cool!

Diana Dang said...

Cause they are mangas of course! ;D

Rebecca said...

You had a really great week, enjoy reading all those.

Diana Dang said...

Thanks Rebecca!

The Book Resort said...

Happy Reading. Let me know how Hollywood Car Wash is.

Diana Dang said...

I just started it so the review would likely be in a couple of weeks. >3<

Marie said...

Congrats on the book award & getting all those awesome books!

susan said...

Cool week! Happy reading.

Diana Dang said...

Thanks guys! =)

vvb32 reads said...

Look forward to your reviews as I'm always on the lookout for good manga.

Diana Dang said...

Glad to know there's another manga fan!