Notice for Review Requests

I receive review requests weekly. However, my personal schedule is hectic and I no longer review actively. (I also manage another blog called The Toronto Cafe and Food Blog). I do read every request sent but I apologize in advance that I do not reply to them all.

If I do take on a request, I will forewarn that it may take some time before I can review it. I am now looking to review adult fiction and self-help books instead of young adult fiction because I have grown out of it. If you are to request a review for either adult fiction or self-help, I will more likely to give it a shot.

In the meantime, Stop, Drop, and Read! serves as an archive book review blog. When I have the time, I may post a review. Thank you for understanding.

Friday, April 10, 2009

Author Interview: Amanda Ashby

Zombie this, zombie that, I don't think I will ever get tired of them! Speaking of zombies, today I have a new author interview for you! Amanda Ashby is the author of the funny and zombirific young adult novel, Zombie Queen of Newbury High! You can learn more about Amanda either on her site: http://amandaashby.com/ or her blog: http://amandaashby.blogspot.com/.

If we were in an Apocalypse right now, what do you think your chances of survival are?

Pretty good because I’ve been secretly taking some special pills that will make me taste bleurgh to all zombies. In fact if they even take one bite of me they will shrivel up and die. Best news is that these pills are chocolate coated!!!!

Let's say you and your love ones are separated by cities. Would you try to save them, knowing the fact that the city they are in are crawling with zombies? And not knowing if they are alive, dead, or already escaped?

Okay so I’m not a particularly brave person but there is no way in the world I’d let any zombies munch on my kids so yes, I’d definitely go back and those zombies had better be scared because I’ll have my mean face on!!!

If you became a zombie, who would be the first person you would want to snack on first?

Is it wrong that it would be David Boreanaz????

Are you planning on making a sequel to Zombie Queen of Newbury High by any chance?

If my publisher would like a sequel I’d be happy to do one. In fact I already have a rough plot and let’s just say that if Mia caused all the problems this time around, in the next book, it will be Candice that makes a wee small mistake!!!!

What is your current project at the moment? Can you please give us a brief description on what it is about?

My next book for Puffin is about a girl who goes to an elite slaying academy and longs to follow in her dragon-slaying mom’s footsteps. Instead she gets stuck slaying four-inch fairies. Not exactly the stuff that high destiny is made of, but things start to go a bit crazy when she suddenly starts to another kind of fairy that no one has ever heard of before and this is one is a lot bigger. And a lot more dangerous as well…

What kind of themes/genres are you planning on writing in the future?

I love writing young adult books with a touch of paranormal but I could see myself eventually trying to write a mid-grade fantasy book (though whether I’d be any good at it is another thing entirely!!!)

What is your favourite zombie movie of all times?

Shaun of the Dead

And lastly, please give us an interesting fact about yourself that not many people know about!

I can’t spell. Like really can’t spell, which is pretty embarrassing to admit since I’m a writer. Thank goodness for spell checker, critique partners and editors, that’s all I can say!!!

post signature

3 comments:

The Book Resort said...

AWESOME!!! You ROCK, Diana!!!

Diana Dang said...

Lol! Thank you! XDD

Amy said...

Her new book sounds fantastic!!
Nice interview :-D
-AMY