Notice for Review Requests

I receive review requests weekly. However, my personal schedule is hectic and I no longer review actively. (I also manage another blog called The Toronto Cafe and Food Blog). I do read every request sent but I apologize in advance that I do not reply to them all.

If I do take on a request, I will forewarn that it may take some time before I can review it. I am now looking to review adult fiction and self-help books instead of young adult fiction because I have grown out of it. If you are to request a review for either adult fiction or self-help, I will more likely to give it a shot.

In the meantime, Stop, Drop, and Read! serves as an archive book review blog. When I have the time, I may post a review. Thank you for understanding.

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Watching on Wednesday: Fired Up!

Title: Fired Up!
Type: Movie
Age Group:
Teens +
Release Year:
2009
My Rating:
5/5

Nick (Eric Christian Olsen) and Shawn (Nicholas D'Agosto) are your football athletes. They are also your players and no, not just game players if you know what I mean. Girls are always on their minds and, well, on them.


During a bonfire party, the duo finds out that their school cheerleaders are going to cheerleading camp with over 300 girls attending. Now that is a lot of new booties for the two best friends to get their hands on. So they come up with an ingenious plan to skip out on football camp which overlaps with the cheerleaders' to join them! This uproarious new film will have you falling off the edge of your seat in laughter!


I think I have found my movie of the year. I went to the theaters last week with my friend and we did not regret spending our money on it! Fired Up! is a hilarious movie that all teens should watch and get a kick out of. No worries, it is not as dirty as Super Bad but there are a few scenes that people may get offended from.


Shawn is a sweet guy once you get past his playboy ways and Nick is comical in every way whenever he opens his mouth. I think the two actors played their roles perfectly. In fact, I became Nicholas D'Agosto's fan right after! (Honestly, I never heard of him before this movie and I think he resembles a lot like Owen Wilson!) This movie appeals to both females and males because not only does it have butt-cracking jokes but there are times where you would just go "Awwww!".


If you are looking for a comedy (and possibly romantic) film, please, you got to go and watch Fired Up!

post signature

7 comments:

Hailley said...

I loved this movie! it had me laughing the hole time not one minute was boring.

Diana Dang said...

I'm glad to hear from another fan! =D

The Book Resort said...

Oh, what an interesting movie. Gotta check it out.

Diana Dang said...

=D

Lenore Appelhans said...

I haven't heard of this one. Of course, we don't get many American teen movies in Germany. Not even Superbad.

Diana Dang said...

Really? That sucks because you should really check it out!

Sadako said...

Haven't heard of this, but I'll check it out soon. Looks fun!