Notice for Review Requests

I receive review requests weekly. However, my personal schedule is hectic and I no longer review actively. (I also manage another blog called The Toronto Cafe and Food Blog). I do read every request sent but I apologize in advance that I do not reply to them all.

If I do take on a request, I will forewarn that it may take some time before I can review it. I am now looking to review adult fiction and self-help books instead of young adult fiction because I have grown out of it. If you are to request a review for either adult fiction or self-help, I will more likely to give it a shot.

In the meantime, Stop, Drop, and Read! serves as an archive book review blog. When I have the time, I may post a review. Thank you for understanding.

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Trailer Tuesday: The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan

Title: The Forest of Hands and Teeth
Author:
Carrie Ryan
Description:
In Mary's world, there are simple truths.

The Sisterhood always knows best.


The Guardians will protect and serve.


The Unconsecrated will never relent.


And you must always mind the fence that surrounds the village. The fence that protects the village from the Forest of Hands and Teeth.


But slowly, Mary's truths are failing her. She's learning things she never wanted to know about the Sisterhood and its secrets, and the Guardians and their power. And, when the fence is breached and her world is thrown into chaos, about the Unconsecrated and their relentlessness.


Now she must choose between her village and her future, between the one she loves and the one who loves her. And she must face the truth about the Forest of Hands and Teeth. Could there be life outside a world surrounded by so much death?



This was the first book trailer to have ever caught my attention and was meant to be posted on Trailer Tuesday for quite some time. It's creepy but full of awesomeness (I'm assuming and hoping)! And yes, it has zombies! (I know I know, I promise to make next week's non-zombie related... maybe). Sadly, I still am unable to get my hands on a copy. I pray so soon! So for those who've read it, opinions?

post signature

8 comments:

The Book Resort said...

Thanks, Diana. This is a bit creepy. Not good since I have a vivid imagination & I'm here alone.
My cats may attack the zombies, but they'd probably watch from a distance. lol. My dogs... zzzz. lol.

Fantastic Book Review said...

I love the book and have reviewed it on my blog. You have an award on my blog.

http://fantasticbookreview.blogspot.com/

Diana Dang said...

@Diane: Haha, what loving pets you have!

@Fantastic: Thank you very much! =D

wdebo said...

That book looks so cool I so want to read it!!

Wdebo :)

wdebo said...

Oh yea,

I also have an award for you on my blog :D

http://theelectricalbookcafe.blogspot.com/2009/04/yeah-award.html

Wdebo :)

Diana Dang said...

You guys spoil me! >3< Thank you!

The Book Resort said...

LQQkie here...
http://thebookresort.blogspot.com/2009/04/wowie-zowie.html

Diana Dang said...

3 awards in one post! Ohmygosh! xD Thank you Diane!