Notice for Review Requests

I receive review requests weekly. However, my personal schedule is hectic and I no longer review actively. (I also manage another blog called The Toronto Cafe and Food Blog). I do read every request sent but I apologize in advance that I do not reply to them all.

If I do take on a request, I will forewarn that it may take some time before I can review it. I am now looking to review adult fiction and self-help books instead of young adult fiction because I have grown out of it. If you are to request a review for either adult fiction or self-help, I will more likely to give it a shot.

In the meantime, Stop, Drop, and Read! serves as an archive book review blog. When I have the time, I may post a review. Thank you for understanding.

Monday, May 4, 2009

Author Interview: Jennifer Banash

So a couple of days ago, I put up my review for The Elite. Today, I give you an author interview with the creator, Jennifer Banash! Hopefully I will get to In Too Deep soon but have quite a stack to review. Her new series sound quite interesting, don't you agree?

If you would like to learn more about Jennifer or her books, visit her at: www.jenniferbanash.com.

First, what inspired you to write The Elite?

I attended High School on the Upper East Side of New York, so it was a world I knew very well, and wanted to explore in a way that was more meaningful than the books I'd seen on the subject.

Did you plan on making it a series from the beginning or did it eventually become one as you wrote?

No, it was conceived as a series--I actually wanted 9 books total, but, well, that's not going to happen!

What was the easiest part about writing the story?

Once I really figured out who my characters were, the story just sailed along and was a pleasure to write--It really took on a life of it's own.

What was the hardest part about writing the story?

All the characterization I had to do in order to make the plot fly! And plotting out the three books--I hate plotting and would much rather just start writing and see where it takes me--but most editors won't go for that!

There are quite a bit of fashion references in The Elite. Did you research the clothing and brands or were you always into fashion and finally thought it was a good time to put your knowledge to use?

I was always into fashion! I generally look like I'm going out to a fancy dinner or a club when I'm really just doing something dumb like taking out the garbage :) So, I didn't have to do too much research--I'm pretty obsessed with fashion.

What themes/genres are you hoping to touch upon in the future?

I'm working on a paranormal series right now, and a novel loosely based on my experiences of being a club kid in the 80's in NYC.

Lastly, give us one interesting fact about yourself that not many people know of!

I can be really shy if I don't know someone very well. Since I'm so outgoing on the surface, no one ever believes me that I'm actually pretty shy and reserved, but I am!

post signature

5 comments:

Lianne said...

The Elite is definately in my to read pile!

Diana Dang said...

Yay! ^0^

Liviania said...

Great interview!

I look forward to her paranormal series.

Diana Dang said...

Thanks! I am too! ^^

Melissa Walker said...

Ooh 80s club kid paranormal? Sounds good!