Notice for Review Requests

I receive review requests weekly. However, my personal schedule is hectic and I no longer review actively. (I also manage another blog called The Toronto Cafe and Food Blog). I do read every request sent but I apologize in advance that I do not reply to them all.

If I do take on a request, I will forewarn that it may take some time before I can review it. I am now looking to review adult fiction and self-help books instead of young adult fiction because I have grown out of it. If you are to request a review for either adult fiction or self-help, I will more likely to give it a shot.

In the meantime, Stop, Drop, and Read! serves as an archive book review blog. When I have the time, I may post a review. Thank you for understanding.

Saturday, May 9, 2009

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Official Casebook: Vol. 1: The Phoenix Wright Files

Title: Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Official Casebook: Vol. 1: The Phoenix Wright Files
Mangaka: Tamako Yamauchi, Kei Nisemura, Seventh Gear, Wataru Yamasaki, Tsubaki Mikage, Kaname Uchimura, Naruzô, Yûya Kurogami, Natsu Otono, Kaoru Osada, DAIGO, Masao Aona, Yorozu, Tomo, Kikuchiyo Anko, Tsukapon, Rin Hashiba, Shinosuke, Aira Kanô, & Kiyono Shimanda
Age Group: Teens
# of Pages: 293
My Rating: 4/5

Based on the hit game, this manga has twenty fun comics about Phoenix Wright and those he works with. From the silliest cases to why he decided to become a defence attorney, it's a manga that anyone could enjoy.

This is going to be a short review because Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney consists of many short stories so plot and character could not be focused and elaborated on.

I have seen Phoenix Wright quite a bit on the web but since I'm not a gamer, I've never played it. Luckily, I did not need to know about the game in order to read the manga. I found it entertaining with a few comics better than the others but a delightful read nonetheless. Each character personality contributes to the humour along with the mangaka's own taste and art style. Anytime I wanted, I could finish one comic and leave the rest for the next day. You could finish it quickly without actually having to finish the whole manga itself. If you played Phoenix Wright and haven't read the manga version of it yet, you totally should.

post signature

4 comments:

wdebo said...

Sounds funny and quirky

Wdebo :)

Diana Dang said...

It is ^^

John T said...

I wonder if we read the same book. I don't know how you could follow the manga without playing the game. I played the game and found the manga almost incomprehensible. There is no rhyme or reason to this title. Each story is by a different writer, making all of them meaningless. Archie comics have more consistency. And the dialog is so hard to read, when....you...have...only...one...word...in...each...word...balloon.
I am glad somebody enjoyed it.

Diana Dang said...

Haha, well I don't mind it at all. It's a random manga but each comic makes sense in its own way. Something to pass by with. ^^