Notice for Review Requests

I receive review requests weekly. However, my personal schedule is hectic and I no longer review actively. (I also manage another blog called The Toronto Cafe and Food Blog). I do read every request sent but I apologize in advance that I do not reply to them all.

If I do take on a request, I will forewarn that it may take some time before I can review it. I am now looking to review adult fiction and self-help books instead of young adult fiction because I have grown out of it. If you are to request a review for either adult fiction or self-help, I will more likely to give it a shot.

In the meantime, Stop, Drop, and Read! serves as an archive book review blog. When I have the time, I may post a review. Thank you for understanding.

Sunday, May 31, 2009

In My Mailbox - XXVI

To do your own In My Mailbox, please check out how to at The Story Siren!

The Borrowed


Vampire Kisses: Blood Relatives vol. 1 by Ellen Schreiber & rem
The Knockout Makers vol. 2 (not shown) - 3 by Kyoko Hashimoto
Yumekui Kenbun: Nightmare Inspector vol. 2-4 by Shin Mashiba

The Bought

None

The Received

David Inside Out by Lee Bantle
Dreamdark: Silksinger by Laini Taylor
Heavenly by Jennifer Laurens

Okay, my reviews may be slowed down for the next couple of weeks. Exams are coming up and I'm dying because I barely started studying. I will try to squeeze some more reading in between the time and hopefully keep myself tamed away from the computer. You can see the books I'm in the middle of on the sidebar under the Goodreads widget.

Thank you Diane for the Literacy Blogger Award over at The Book Resort! If I go back and count all the awards I have received, at least 9/10 are from you. Haha, thank you for being an awesome follower! =)

Contest Alert: Tomorrow is the last day to enter to win 1 of 5 copies of Hollywood Car Wash by Lori Culwell. Click here to enter before it's too late! I will announce winners on Wednesday (if I can)!

Edit: I'm now on Twitter! Feel free to add me! http://twitter.com/StopDropandRead

post signature

17 comments:

Rebecca said...

Awesome books you got this week. The Blood Relatives volume 1 is really good. Enjoy.

Diana Dang said...

The manga is alright. I just like the art, haha. Never read the novel series tho.

Ali said...

Haven't heard of any of those! Lol, but I'm always looking out for new things, I may just have to check them out! Happy reading!!

The Book Resort said...

My dear, Diana ~
You are a doll! Now,get your butt studying. Good luck!
Tell me how you like Vampire Kisses. I am on the fence... so push me off it. lol.
Congrats on your award. You are a terrific blogger & a sweet friend!
Hugs!

Liyana said...

Wow, great collection! Heavenly's cover reminds me of You Had Me At HAlo's cover. happy reading!

Amelia said...

Sounds like a great week in books! I hope you have a great week, and good luck on your exams.

Cat said...

Dreamdark is fantastic! I hope you enjoy it!

So Many Books, So Little Time said...

Heavenly looks great. Enjoy!

susan said...

Always enjoy seeing what you get.

Try to study but not stress.

Amy said...

great week!
Hah! I just reviewed David inside out:-D
-AMY

Nancy said...

Ohhh I love looking thru the Vampire Kisses Manga in the book store. I have started looking into them more and more (so gorgeous), but have not been able to find the first book?? Maybe I have to order it. Heavenly looks good.

Anonymous said...

Hope you enjoy reading!

Fantastic Book Review said...

Quite a collection, Happy Reading!

wdebo said...

Vampire Kisses looks really good.

Hurray for mangas!!

Wdebo :)

Anonymous said...

Nice books! I want to read David Inside Out.

Diana Dang said...

Lol, thanks everyone! x)

Vampire Kisses is alright, I wasn't to hot on it. I loved the drawings tho. =)

The Book Resort said...

I'll hold off on vampire kisses thankyouverymuch. lol.