Notice for Review Requests

I receive review requests weekly. However, my personal schedule is hectic and I no longer review actively. (I also manage another blog called The Toronto Cafe and Food Blog). I do read every request sent but I apologize in advance that I do not reply to them all.

If I do take on a request, I will forewarn that it may take some time before I can review it. I am now looking to review adult fiction and self-help books instead of young adult fiction because I have grown out of it. If you are to request a review for either adult fiction or self-help, I will more likely to give it a shot.

In the meantime, Stop, Drop, and Read! serves as an archive book review blog. When I have the time, I may post a review. Thank you for understanding.

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Trailer Tuesday: Ballads of Suburbia by Stephanie Kuehnert

Title: Ballads of Suburbia
Author: Stephanie Kuehnert
Description: There are so many ballads. Achy breaky country songs. Mournful pop songs. Then there’s the rare punk ballad, the ballad of suburbia: louder, faster, angrier . . . till it drowns out the silence.

Kara hasn’t been back to Oak Park since the end of junior year, when a heroin overdose nearly killed her and sirens heralded her exit. Four years later, she returns to face the music. Her life changed forever back in high school: her family disintegrated, she ran around with a whole new crowd of friends, she partied a little too hard, and she fell in love with gorgeous bad boy Adrian, who left her to die that day in Scoville Park. . . .

Amidst the music, the booze, the drugs, and the drama, her friends filled a notebook with heartbreakingly honest confessions of the moments that defined and shattered their young lives. Now, finally, Kara is ready to write her own.



Is it bad if I tell you I have not yet read I Wanna Be Your Joey Ramone? When I first started blogging, I saw Stephanie's debut novel quite a bit on the web but never got around to it. So now I think I'm the only one that have not yet read it. The summaries of both her books sound quite intriguing. The novels deal with teen girls living through personal hardships and trying to find their identity. Ballads of Suburbia will be released on July 21, 2009 by MTV Books.

Stephanie is hosting a contest to bring more attention to her new novel and I am going to attempt to convince you lovely readers to pass on the message. For example, why not post some banners or the trailer you see now of Ballads of Suburbia on your blog? You can click here to join her street team so you can get in with the exclusive stuff! Maybe you're more of a social networking person? Then friend her through Myspace, become her fan on Facebook, or follow her on Twitter!

But wait! What do you get if you do all (or any) this? Well, I'll let Stephanie list off the prizes:

The Grand Prize winner aka the person who has the most contest entries (though they must be a street team member, so go here to join) will win a signed Advanced Review Copy of Ballads of Suburbia, a signed copy of I Wanna Be Your Joey Ramone, a copy of the Ballads of Suburbia Soundtrack, and a gift certificate to Amazon.com.

Two Runners-Up will received signed ARCs of Ballads and the Ballads soundtrack

Lastly, I will draw 5 names at random and those people will receive BALLADS swag packs including bookmarks and signed cover flats. I will give you enough swag so you have some to keep and some to pass out around town.

Also, please note I also run a monthly contest for Street Team Members only, so sign up for the street team to become eligible.

Wow! Now don't you just wanna go out and start spreading news about Ballads of Suburbia? Click here to get the full details! Contest ends May 21, 2009 so hurry up and join! And tell me here if you did any the above!

post signature

2 comments:

The Book Resort said...

Thanks for telling me a bit more.

Diana Dang said...

You're welcome!