Notice for Review Requests

I receive review requests weekly. However, my personal schedule is hectic and I no longer review actively. (I also manage another blog called The Toronto Cafe and Food Blog). I do read every request sent but I apologize in advance that I do not reply to them all.

If I do take on a request, I will forewarn that it may take some time before I can review it. I am now looking to review adult fiction and self-help books instead of young adult fiction because I have grown out of it. If you are to request a review for either adult fiction or self-help, I will more likely to give it a shot.

In the meantime, Stop, Drop, and Read! serves as an archive book review blog. When I have the time, I may post a review. Thank you for understanding.

Sunday, May 10, 2009

In My Mailbox - XXIII

To do your own In My Mailbox, please check out how to at The Story Siren!

The Borrowed



Little Brother by Cory Doctorow
Need by Carrie Jones
Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan
Hush by Donna Jo Napoli
The Legend of Hong Kil Dong by Anne Sibley O'Brien
Kamichama Karin vol. 7 by Koge-Donbo
Ultra Maniac vol. 3-5 by Wataru Yoshizumi
B.B. Explosion vol. 1 by Yasue Imai
The Gentlemen's Alliance Cross vol. 5 by Arina Tanemura
Yu-Gi-Oh! GX vol. 1-2 by Naoyuki Kageyama

The Bought

None

The Received


Yakitate!! Japan vol. 1-4 by Takashi Hashiguchi

Thank you Az from Bookmooch for Yakitate!! Japan! I love the anime but to finally get the manga series is great!

I think I officially have gone insane with the borrowing. I have a chunk load of mangas I borrowed from two weeks ago which I have not gone through. Since I got no novels lately, I picked out three more asides Need which I already requested. Dear lord, I pray to finish this all before returning them...

CONTEST ALERT: Author Maggie Stiefvater is holding a contest! Click here for my post about it a couple of days ago or scroll downwards. If would be great if you head over to Maggie's blog and tell her you found out about her contest through me. Also remember to make a post like I did so you could be entered for great prizes!

And Happy Mother's Day!

post signature

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

Need and Little Brother have intrigued me. Happy reading!

Diana Dang said...

I saw Little Brother and the plot sounded quite interesting! I've been waiting to get Need for weeks! ^^

Rebecca said...

Awesome week you had, I've read Need and Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist and they're both really good. Enjoy.

Diana Dang said...

I actually didn't know much about Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist until today actually. Which is surprising since almost everyone knows of it, haha.

susan said...

Would be interested in hearing what you think about Little Brother.

Diana Dang said...

Hopefully I will get a review of it up in a couple of weeks =)

Nancy said...

Yeay!!! looks like you had a great week. Hush looks interesting. Need and Little brother are on my TBR pile that never ends. And of course all your manga looks amazing.

Busy Bookblogger said...

Need has been on my wishlist forever-Hope you enjoy! Can't wait to read your review!

Adele said...

Great haul there. I will be interested in your thoughts on Nick and Norah, it seems to polarise a little.

Fantastic Book Review said...

You have some great reads. Happy Reading!

Cat said...

I loved Need. Loved it! I hope you enjoy the book!

Anonymous said...

Lots of interesting books! Yakitate Japan, the anime, was great! I haven't read the manga.

wdebo said...

Aw I loved Little Brother and Nick & Norah hope you enjoy it!!

Wdebo :)

Diana Dang said...

Thanks guys! ^0^

Anonymous said...

Need and Nick and Norah look really good. I'm jealous :)

Test said...

Hush looks fantastic! I read Nick and Nora's Infinite Playlist last summer and I thought it was okay, but it was not the greatest by Rachel or David.

Anna said...

I heard that Need is really good, so I'm looking forward to reading it as soon as there's some room in my reading pile. Enjoy your wonderful reads!

prophecygirl said...

Hush looks really good!

the story siren said...

Fab week! Need is sooo good! Hope you like it! happy reading!

Diana Dang said...

Thanks guys >3<

The Book Resort said...

Enjoy your books. Happy Reading : ].

Orchid said...

Little Brother is a great book.

Diana Dang said...

I'm hearing a lot of praises for Little Brother now and when I got it, it was the first time picking it up. xD;