Notice for Review Requests

I receive review requests weekly. However, my personal schedule is hectic and I no longer review actively. (I also manage another blog called The Toronto Cafe and Food Blog). I do read every request sent but I apologize in advance that I do not reply to them all.

If I do take on a request, I will forewarn that it may take some time before I can review it. I am now looking to review adult fiction and self-help books instead of young adult fiction because I have grown out of it. If you are to request a review for either adult fiction or self-help, I will more likely to give it a shot.

In the meantime, Stop, Drop, and Read! serves as an archive book review blog. When I have the time, I may post a review. Thank you for understanding.

Friday, May 8, 2009

Win a signed ARC of Shiver, copies of Lament, and much more!

Alright, I tend to avoid putting up individual posts about contests but this time I can't help it!

Personally, I never gotten a chance to read Lament by Maggie Stiefvater yet but maybe I will if you guys help me out! The author's newest book, Shiver, is coming out soon and she's hosting a fabulous contest about it!

Shiver's summary:
For years, Grace has watched the wolves in the woods behind her house. One yellow-eyed wolf--her wolf--is a chilling presence she can't seem to live without. Meanwhile, Sam has lived two lives: In winter, the frozen woods, the protection of the pack, and the silent company of a fearless girl. In summer, a few precious months of being human . . . until the cold makes him shift back again.

Now, Grace meets a yellow-eyed boy whose familiarity takes her breath away. It's her wolf. It has to be. But as winter nears, Sam must fight to stay human--or risk losing himself, and Grace, forever.

Liking it? Cause you can pre-order it here! Rather get a freebie instead? Fine, listen to Maggie:

Here's the deal. It's running from May 8-15th. The idea is to convince as many of your LJ or blogger or wordpress friends to post about SHIVER (you don't have to pay them, although it might help). Winner is whoever manages to get as many of their friends to post and comment back here by 8 p.m. EST on the 15th.

And the reward? Okay. Here it is. First of all, you have to get at least 5 friends to blog about it to be eligible. Winner gets:

- a signed ARC of SHIVER
- 4 signed copies of LAMENT
- and for each of the friends that you got to comment, a critique of the first 5 pages of any of their manuscripts

And if any single person manages to get over 50 friends to comment, I'll make it 3 ARCs of SHIVER and 8 copies of LAMENT.

You like what you hear? So head over to Maggie's blog and post there that I brought your attention to this fab contest! And tell me here that you did so that way I can feel extra special.

post signature

4 comments:

The Book Resort said...

OOOhhh. a contest. What fun,kiddo. I'm sending your info to Teddyree.

Diana Dang said...

Aww, thank you o3o~~

Teddyree said...

Ok found my way here thanks to Diane, & now over to Maggie's blog :-)

Diana Dang said...

Aww, thank you Teddyree! x))